Chlorine Dioxide Disinfections
GMS Services Ltd have been using Chlorine Dioxide to successfully disinfect and treat domestic hot and cold water systems for many years. Chlorine dioxide treatments are very effective in treating water systems contaminated with bacteria such as Legionella and other waterborne bacteria.
Advantages of Chlorine Dioxide over Chlorine
- Unlike chlorine, chlorine dioxide does not react with organic materials to form trihalomethanes (THMs).
- Non-reactive with ammonia-nitrogen and with most treatment chemicals (corrosion and scale inhibitors) present in cooling water systems.
- Effective in the control of microbiological growths in industrial cooling waters under conditions unfavourable to chlorine.
- It is particularly effective in systems having a high pH, ammonia-nitrogen contamination, persistent slime problems, or where the microbial contamination is aggravated by contamination with vegetable or mineral oils, phenols or other high chlorine-demand producing compounds.
Advantages & Benefits of Chlorination of Water with Chlorine Dioxide – Chlorogene
- Highly potent, fast acting bactericide
- Effective at concentrations as low as 0.1 ppm
- Does not form toxic by-products
- Effective over a wide pH range in both hard and soft water
- Disinfect surfaces
- Eliminates both planktonic and sessile bacteria
- Destroy problematic biofilm
- Effective as a disinfectant and oxidant
Application of Chlorine Dioxide
- Water sterilisation
- Environmental hygiene
- Industrial and process water treatment activities